Maybe it’s just me; but I really dislike those blog posts that start:
x Number Of Ways To…..
There seems to be a proliferation of these posts offering an ‘easy fix’ solution in any number of steps. Here’s a small selection from my news reader this morning:
- 21 more riddles to train lateral thinking
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Read History More Than News
- 10 Tips for Razor Sharp Concentration
- 18 Practical Tips for Living the Golden Rule
- 50 Frugal Blogs
- 7 Habits To Improve Posture
(Actually that last one is quite a good posting).
There’s something about these posts I don’t like that I can’t quite put my finger on. To me they lack substance – I don’t want my life reduced to a series of lists.
Maybe you like that type of posting, or maybe you prefer a post that’s more of a discussion than a list. Let me know your preferences and I can adapt my style appropriately.